You can register a Department ID and password (up to seven digits) for each department, and manage the machine by limiting its use to only those who enter the correct Department ID and password. This is called Department ID Management. Department IDs and passwords for up to 1,000 departments can be registered. Use Department ID Management to keep track of the copy, scan, and print totals for each department.
With Department ID Management, the following settings can be specified:
- Turn Department ID Management 'On' or 'Off'.
- Register the Department ID and password.
- Set page limits for colour/black-and-white scans, colour/black-and-white prints, and colour/black-and-white copies.
- Set whether to use Department ID Management for the Mail Box, Send, Fax, and Remote Scan functions. If the Copy function is specified, it is automatically restricted when Department ID Management is set.
- Check the information on copy, scan, and print totals.