- Set the page limit restriction.
- Press [On] under the desired function(s).
To cancel setting a page limit restriction for a function, press [Off] under the desired function's name.
- <Total Print Limit> is the sum of <Total Color Print Limit> and <Total Black Print Limit>.
- <Total Color Print Limit> is the sum of <Color Copy Limit> and <Color Print Limit>.
- <Total Black Print Limit> is the sum of <Black Copy Limit> and <Black Print Limit>.
- Press  (Page Limit) next to [On]/[Off] of the desired function(s) → enter the page limit
restriction using - (numeric keys).
- If the colour or black (grayscale) page limit is reached when [Auto (Color/Black)] or [Auto (Color/Gray)] is set for the colour mode, you cannot perform any operations.
- The machine stops printing if any one of the colour or black-and-white page limits is reached
while printing a document that contains both colour and black-and-white areas.
- The machine stops copying if any one of the total print limits or copy limits is reached while
copying a document that contains both colour and black-and-white areas.
- The machine stops sending a fax if the Black Scan Limit is reached while faxing a document
either from memory or directly to the recipient.
- The machine stops scanning if a scan limit is reached while the machine is scanning originals
that are being fed from the optional feeder. (Those originals that were scanned before the limit is
reached are not added to the scan count.)
- If you make a mistake when entering a number, press to clear the number.
- You can set the page limit from 0 to 999,999 pages. Once the page limit is reached, copying, scanning, or printing is not possible.
- The page limit refers to the number of printed surfaces. Therefore, a two-sided print is counted as two pages.